Drinking a cup of smoothie that is keto-friendly can kick-start your day. Keto smoothie is made mostly with low carb fruits and vegetables along with other ingredients that provide your body with the necessary nutrients needed.
All you need to make a delicious smoothie is a blender! In 5 minutes, you can have your breakfast ready.
Making a keto smoothie is more convenient than your traditional breakfast and at times healthier.
What Do You Need To Make The Perfect Keto Smoothie?
- Liquid – this contributes to the texture. Liquid should be the first thing you add to the base of the blender. Ingredients could be almond milk, coconut milk, or water.
- Powder – this helps to thicken your smoothie. Ensure you add this early on, so it will blend out fully. Examples are cacao powder or any protein powder of choice.
- Main ingredients such as nuts, berries, flax seeds, peanut or almond butter – These ingredients are placed in the middle of the blender mixture and blend super well with the other ingredients.
- Leafy vegetables – this includes spinach and kale. This will provide all the vitamins and antioxidants needed. Remeber only low carb vegetables.
- Frozen and fresh fruits – choose fruits that are keto-approved such as avocados, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries.
- Ice– this helps thickens your smoothie. In some cases, ice isn’t necessary.
When making your smoothie you need to adhere to the keto diet micronutrients which is 75% fat, 25% protein, and 5% carbs.
So in one cup of smoothie, you meet all your keto diet requirements!
To cut your prep times in half, you can prepare the ingredients beforehand such as cutting up your fruits and placing them in the freezer or refrigerator.
Related: How To Meal Prep Like An Expert?
7 Keto Breakfast Smoothie On-The-Go
Healthy Keto Green Smoothie
The best way to add superfoods to your diet is through smoothies. This green smoothie is a perfect keto breakfast substitute that is filled with healthy fats.
If you’re struggling with the keto flu, then try this smoothie to help combat the symptoms.
This healthy green smoothie will give you the energy needed to begin your day!
Fat: 48 g
Net Carbs: 6 g
Protein: 4.2 g
Keto Avocado Chocolate Smoothie
Are you craving for something chocolatey? Then this avocado chocolate will not let you down.
This rich and thick smoothie is filling and provide your body with a ton of healthy fats.
This recipe is keto, gluten-free, dairy-free and whole 30. In 10 minutes, you can satisfy your cravings for good!
Fat: 27 g
Net Carbs: 4 g
Protein: 9 g
Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
You don’t need to deprive yourself of cheesecake whether you’re eating it or drinking it.
This smoothie is low in carbs at the same time high in protein. This creamy smoothie can be whip up in few minutes with ease.
If you’re craving cheesecake then try this smoothie!
Fat: 24 g
Net Carbs: 10.5 g
Protein: 17.5 g
Peanut Butter Keto Low Carb Smoothie with Almond Milk
All you need to make this delicious and creamy smoothie is just five ingredients!
It’s gluten, dairy and sugar-free! This keto smoothie is perfect for a busy day to get you feeling energetic and motivated.
So whenever you’re running late for work, just grab this peanut butter smoothie which won’t take any longer than 10 minutes.
Fat: 28.5 g
Net Carbs: 6.1 g
Protein: 10.2 g
Keto Kale And Coconut Shake
You can enjoy a green smoothie that is sugar-free yet tastes good. Whenever you feel for a refreshing and healthy green smoothie then this is for you.
A touch of ginger will give your smoothie a spicy soothing taste.
In less than 5 minutes your keto kale and coconut shake will be ready.
Strawberry Avocado Keto Smoothie
You only need four simple ingredients to make this simple yet delicious smoothie.
This keto smoothie is creamy and will satisfy your taste buds. This is a simple go-to keto smoothie that is perfect for breakfast that is filled with nutrients.
Fat: 7 g
Net Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 1 g
Vanilla Ice-Cream Keto Coffee Smoothie
Anything that tastes like ice cream, I will not say no to.
This keto-friendly smoothie is refreshing and perfect for any time of the day.
A pinch of coffee will kick-start your day and make it more productive. So anytime you feel for ice-cream, try this to curb your craving.
Fat: 32 g
Net Carbs: 2 g
Protein: 4 g